As the ethical compass of our state, Oregon needs a Secretary of State who will stand up and do the right thing. Representative Val Hoyle has proven to be that leader.
While House Majority Leader, Val passed the most progressive legislative agenda in recent Oregon history while maintaining strong relationships across party lines. Her progressive values and collaborative leadership style is exactly what the Secretary of State’s office needs to keep Oregon moving forward.
As Secretary of State, Val will fight to:
Break down barriers to the ballot
As the Chief Elections Officer, the Secretary of State is responsible for maximizing voter participation. Val is the strongest candidate to engage voters to the process and will fight to make sure every voice is heard and every vote is counted.
* Provide pre-paid postage for ballots
* Introduce same-day voter registration
* Have ballots and voting information in different languages
Get big money out of politics
Oregon is one of the only states without any campaign finance limits, making for some of the most expensive campaigns in the nation. Val is committed reducing the influence of money in campaigns and empowering the voices of everyday Oregonians.
*Reform Oregon’s campaign finance law
* Institute publically financed election
* Require campaigns and candidate to list their top donors
Increase government accountability and transparency
Val knows nothing is more important than making sure the people of Oregon have a government they can trust. That’s why Val is committed to passing new laws to increase accountability and transparency in state offices and agencies. Val will:
* Use the audit function to streamline government while protecting critical services
* Use the audit function to ensure businesses contracting with the state are following the rules